Verva Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is an exciting, clinical-stage pharmaceutical company developing innovative therapies to treat metabolic diseases. Verva’s research efforts are focused on the treatment of type 2 diabetes, obesity and related complications. Verva’s clinical-stage portfolio incorporates:
• A novel insulin sensitizer (VVP808), which successfully reduced HbA1c levels and caused weight loss in a placebo-controlled clinical proof-of-concept trial in type 2 diabetes.
• A dedicated program to discover and characterize the biological target by which VVP808 exerts its insulin sensitizing effect.
• A focused discovery program identifying potent next-generation diabetes therapies (VP100X) based on VVP808 structure and mode-of-action.
• Two Fat Blocker technologies that prevent de novo fat cell formation and have potential utility in the prevention and treatment of obesity and diabetes
• A validated discovery platform (the Gene Expression Signature Technology) that successfully identified VVP808 and can be used to identify previously-unrecognized utility of clinical and preclinical compounds as diabetes therapies.